Tuesday, September 1, 2009

P.S. Exhibit-- Saturday, Aug 29 - Sept 26

Over the 2009 summer I began volunteering with the Riverwest Artist Association helping do summer art activities with the kids in the neighborhood and the COA Music Festival. I met two great women, Sue Pezanoski Browne and Shana R. Goetsch. They welcomed me with open arms and have been showing me the ropes and behind the scenes to all the hard work that goes into setting up for a show.

We worked with the kids making cool projects such as bird feeders, cometas and planting seeds to name a few. We capture these fun summer moments of the kids and hope the photos do justice. So come and see photos of the kids and their awesome artwork.



P.S. Exhibit - Saturday, August 29 - September 26
'Planting.Seeds. ~ Cultivating Conversations in Art'
The culmination, or 'post script' to RAA's community-centered outreach events.

I am excited to say this will be my first time ever having photography in a show.

2 comments:

shana goetsch said...

the younger crowd (20's) really liked the exhibit a lot....did you see the video, on RAA blog? very exciting.
and i am excited since i finally have time to blog again today...and a new friend who will probably take a look from time to time!
welcome, monica!

artbymonimack@gmail.com said...

yeah...yes I saw the video but have yet to watch the entire video...plan to do that this week. I really like blogging! Makes me feel very good to have learned about this before the next decade!